For more information, call Donnie Smith at (229) 386-3104. By Donnie SmithGovernor’s Agriculture LiaisonGov. Sonny Perdue wants to know the Georgia farmers who are doing the best job to protect the environment on and around their farms. He’d like to recognize them for a job well done, tell other folks about them and maybe give them an award.Nominees are currently being sought for the Fourth Annual Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award. Applications are available at www.agawareness.com and due by December 16.“As I learned from my father growing up on a farm in middle Georgia, if you take care of the land, it will take care of you,” Perdue said. “This award shows all Georgians the outstanding job farmers are doing to protect our environment and preserve our state’s natural resources.”Five district winners are selected for the award each year. This year, only district winners will be required to submit supporting documentation. Past district winners are eligible to apply. Judges will visit each district winner’s farm. Based on their recommendation, Perdue will announce the state winner at the Fifth annual Agricultural Awareness Week in Atlanta on March 17.
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 59-year-old man died after crashing his car into a tree in Huntington on Tuesday afternoon and investigators suspect that he suffered a medical emergency before the collision.Suffolk County police said Robert Manigaulte, of Huntington Station, was driving a Chrysler Town and Country southbound on Woodbury Road when he crossed onto the opposite side of the road and struck a tree south of Carley Avenue at 4 p.m.The victim was taken to Huntington Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.Second Squad detectives impounded the vehicle and are continuing the investigating investigation.
Previously, Donny Gahral Adian, a leading expert at the office, echoed a similar statement, saying that the government never hired buzzers.“I want to clarify that the government has never organized buzzers. [Buzzers] exist because of democracy,” he said during a discussion hosted by the University of Indonesia’s Alumni Association (Iluni UI) on Tuesday.He explained that, in a democracy, rulers and their opposition usually had supporters, regardless of whether they were paid to speak up or if they did it on their own volition.“There are indeed private buzzers who work independently. Their political affiliations can lead toward the ruler or to the opposition,” he said, adding that buzzers who violated the law should be held accountable.The statements came amid suspicion from the public that the government uses buzzers to support and defend its policies.Concerns over the alleged hired buzzers escalated following recent cyberattacks that were directed toward government critics, including online news publication Tempo.co, which had its website defaced, and Pandu Riono, an epidemiologist from the University of Indonesia whose Twitter account was hacked. (mfp)Topics : The Executive Office of the President has denied using so-called “buzzers” to support the government and its policies, claiming that it only hires social media influencers to help educate the public on certain policies.“We don’t use buzzers at all,” Jaleswari Pramodhawardani, the office’s deputy head of politics, law, security and human rights affairs, said Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.Buzzers, who tend to be anonymous, are often directly paid to espouse certain political views, while influencers are public figures with a strong presence on social media. Influencers tend to have many followers and may openly promote brands. Jaleswari said the office only accepted the service of influencers, including experts that had the capacity to discuss strategic issues, as buzzers tended to be anonymous when addressing issues.She also claimed that the Executive Office of the President did not give special treatment to influencers.“Payments are given according to the budget of ordinary sources. We use transparent and accountable principles while not diminishing the government’s attitude of allowing us to have different opinions.”Read also: Social media influencers key actors in democracy: Palace
From the outside this Georgian-inspired home at Bridgeman Downs blends seamlessly in with its elegant neighbours, but on the inside it’s one of Australia’s few high-performing passive homes.From the outside this Georgian-inspired home at Bridgeman Downs blends seamlessly with its elegant neighbours, but on the inside it’s one of Australia’s few high-performing passive homes.And that’s exactly the point, according to Jorge Guerreiro of the design and building company, H4Living.“Beautiful homes can have passive design principles,” Mr Guerreiro said.“It comes down to the finer details of the construction and the products used, and together these offer a wholistic approach focusing on ‘build better to live better’.” Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:05Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:05 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenInside Kyle Sandilands $3 million country retreat01:05 H4Living has completed a number of high-performance homes in Australia. Inside the Georgian-inspired home at Bridgeman Downs.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus10 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market10 hours agoMr Guerreiro noted 80,000 high-performing passive homes have been constructed worldwide.“A home built to the Passivhaus standard is a highly energy efficient home which achieves high thermal comfort and exceptional indoor air quality with minimal energy consumption,” Mr Guerreiro said.Some of the materials used include windows that are double glazed, continuous wall and ceiling insulation and air sealing barriers that envelop the home.When fitted with features like solar panels, passive homes can also easily achieve nett zero energy consumption.Mr Guerreiro conceded state-of-the-art homes cost more, adding around 7 to 10 per cent to the price of a build, but said the reduced energy consumption and lifestyle benefits mitigated the initial outlay.H4Living has completed a number of high-performance homes in Australia, with further homes currently in the design process.“Demand for high-performing passive homes is increasing as knowledge spreads,” Mr Guerreiro said. Completed late last year, the property is airtight, includes super insulation to eliminate heat loss or gain, and has an energy recovery ventilation system.These features allow the home to remain at a stable and constant temperature, with no temperature variation between floors, and up to 90 per cent less energy required for heating and cooling.The home was designed to meet high-performance Passivhaus design principles, now starting to be recognised globally. The Georgian-inspired home at Bridgeman Downs.
Image courtesy of Klaipedos NaftaCapacities at Lithuania’s first and only import terminal in the port of Klaipeda have been fully booked until the end of the gas year 2020.Klaipedos Nafta said on Monday that the terminal was fully booked for the rest of the gas year which is calculated from October 1 until September 30 of the following year.In April, about 1.48 TWh of gas were regasified at the LNG terminal (28.3 percent more than in April last year), and in May, a total of 1.75 TWh of gas were regasified (21 percent more than in May 2018).June was even more efficient for the terminal. It accepted two big gas carriers with 278,000 cbm of LNG and three small gas carriers with 28.500 cbm of LNG. Since the beginning of this year, Klaipėda LNG terminal accepted 23 gas carriers.Arūnas Molis, head of Klaipėda LNG Service of KN, said: “The demand of Klaipėda LNG terminal is determined by the favorable situation in the international markets. June was the most intensive month in terms of the use of the terminal, what considerably determined the growth of the regasification indicators.”In June, the LNG terminal reached its record scope of activities – about 2.4 TWh of natural gas were regasified and submitted to the natural gas transmission system, which is approximately the same as the total amount of gas during the first summer month consumed in all the three Baltic States.In June this year, the regasification amount was almost 200 percent higher than in June last year when a total of 0.8 TWh of gas were regasified.In July, the terminal is planning to accept two big and two small gas carriers. Repair works of the gas transmission point from Belarus to Lithuania is scheduled this month. Therefore, the gas to Lithuanian consumers will be submitted only from Klaipėda LNG terminal during a three-week period.Also during July, the world’s largest LNG feeder and bunker vessel Kairos will arrive at Klaipėda. As of September 30, ten percent of the shares of the vessel will be held by German company Nauticor under the agreement concluded in April.The vessel Kairos, which will arrive in July to Klaipėda for the fifth time, will perform a reload operation from the FSRU based in the Klaipėda LNG terminal to the onshore LNG reloading station located at the gateway of the Port of Klaipėda.
Homecroft, In. — A Southport police officer has died after being shot while responding to a Thursday afternoon car crash in Homecroft.A report from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department says Lt. Aaron Allan responded to a report of an inverted vehicle near Maynard Drive and Madison Avenue at 2:30 p.m. when Jason Brown, 28, allegedly opened fire as Allan approached to assess the situation. Allan was shot several times and died later at Eskenazi Hospital.The report says a Homecroft police officer and a reserve Johnson County deputy returned fire, striking Brown. Brown and a passenger were also transported to Eskenazi Hospital. Jason Brown has been charged with murder.Southport police chief, Thomas Vaugh said, “Lt. Allan was a hard worker and today was no different. He responded to a crash with urgency to preserve life and tragically his was lost. We appreciate the community support as we continue to work through the loss of our brother.”
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: The India vs Australia series is very important for Virat Kohli and his team. This is their last bilateral series before the ICC Cricket World Cup 20189 which will be held in England from May 31. The two-match Twenty20 International series and five ODIs gives India the chance to settle down on their batting and bowling compositions ahead of the tournament. The Indian team are on a roll, winning three consecutive bilateral ODI series. This included a win in Australia for the first time ever and winning a series in New Zealand after 10 years in addition to securing a win against the West Indies in the five-match series. India have won three consecutive bilateral series at home against Australia and they will be determined to extend their domination in the upcoming series. Here are some of the key numbers for both sides in India vs Australia contests in India.3 – Number of consecutive series India have won against Australia at home in last 10 years. 26 – Number of wins for Australia in India in 56 ODIs. India have won 25 encounters. 159 – Number of runs required by MS Dhoni to reach 1000 runs in ODIs against Australia in India.RELATED 13 – Number of sixes needed by Rohit Sharma to hit 50 sixes in ODIs against Australia in India. 2 – Number of centuries required by Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli to hit the most number of centuries against Australia in India. Sachin Tendulkar has most with four centuries. 4 – Dhoni needs just four more dismissals to break Adam Gilchrist’s record of having the most number of victims in India vs Australia ODIs in India. 8 – Number of bilateral ODI series played between India and Australia in India. Both sides have won four series apiece. 9 – Number of 300+ scores by India in ODIs against Australia at home. Their highest total is 383/6 in 2013 in Bangalore. 12 – Number of 300+ scores for Australia in ODIs against India in India. Out of this, they have three 350+ scores while India have four 350+ scores. 1 – Number of Twenty20 International games won by Australia in India. They had secured the victory during the game in Barsapara in 2017. 182 – Number of runs scored by Aaron Finch in T20Is against India in India, which is the most from players of both sides. 1 – Number of ducks for Virat Kohli in T20Is and Australia dismissed him for the first time in the 2017 series. 9 – Total T20I wickets taken by Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah in games against Australia. Bhuvneshwar has the most with five wickets. HIGHLIGHTSAustralia have won 26 out of 56 games against India in India.India have won three consecutive bilateral series against Australia at home.Australia last won a series in India in 2009 when they won seven-match series 4-2.
FILE – In this Dec. 18, 2017 file photo, former Los Angeles Laker Kobe Bryant arrives for a halftime ceremony, retiring both of his jersey’s during an NBA basketball game between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Golden State Warriors, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson, File)NEW YORK — Kobe Bryant won’t be coming out of retirement to play in the BIG3 next year.A spokesperson for the longtime Los Angeles Lakers star said Tuesday that Bryant isn’t playing next season in the 3-on-3 league of former NBA players.ADVERTISEMENT Speculation that Bryant would play had heated up earlier in the day when league co-founder and entertainment executive Jeff Kwatinetz said during the league’s weekly conference call that he “did hear from a credible source yesterday that Kobe says he’s playing next year.”But Molly Carter, chief marketing officer of Kobe Inc., says the NBA’s No. 3 career scorer has no plans to do so.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’The BIG3 wraps up its second season with the championship game on Friday in Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? LATEST STORIES MOST READ Peza offers relief to ecozone firms View comments ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Hidilyn Diaz: ‘I miss cheesecake!’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal
Journalist Jeremy Gutsche has knocked up an in-flight Wi-Fi bill that would knock you flat – $1200 on a 12-hour flight from London to Singapore on Singapore Airlines.Writing in trendhunter.com Mr Gutsche explained: “I had an otherwise enjoyable flight, but the sticker shock of being gouged $1200 made me feel like I was deplaning from Total Bastard Airlines.”Mr Gutsche explained……“so what does it take to rack up $1200 of internet use? In my case, just 155 page views, mostly to my email. I know this because for the first time I counted up my page views to see where all the dollars went. I wish I could blame an addiction to NetFlix or some intellectual documentary that made me $1200 smarter. However, the Singapore Airlines internet was painfully slow, so videos would be impossible and that means I didn’t get any smarter… except about how to charge a lot of money for stuff. I did learn that.” While Singapore Airlines facilitates the service it is actually supplied by Onair and it charges standard global roaming rates.Many travellers have found to their dismay – and horror – that international roaming rates can be extremely expensive for mobile or cell phones.Travellers, whether on the ground or in the air, need to check very carefully the telecom package they are on.
Japan – South Africa Business Council launches at second SA Investment Conference (SAIC 2019)JOHANNESBURG, 6 NOVEMBER 2019: The establishment of a Japan-South African Business Council, announced at the second South Africa Investment Conference (SAIC 2019), will help strengthen trade and investment relations between the two countries.The signing of the agreement follows South African President Cyril Ramaphosa’s discussions with Prime Minister Abe a few months ago.Japanese companies committed to investing more than R6.8 billion at last year’s inaugural South Africa Investment Conference. Japan’s Ambassador to South Africa, Mr Norio Maruyama said at SAIC 2019 Japanese government and private sector investors would commit to a further investment of US$20bn across the African continent, a proportion of which would be committed to the South African economy.#InvestSA #SAIC19 https://sainvestmentconference.co.zaENDSMedia contacts:Mmemme MogotsiOverall Media LiaisonEmail: [email protected]: +27 72 856 4288Ayanda HollowInternational Media RelationsEmail: [email protected]: +27 61 488 0634