Tag: 昆山水磨90分钟不限次

Suspended jail terms and exorbitant damages award against newspaper publisher and cartoonist

first_img Morocco / Western SaharaMiddle East – North Africa News Help by sharing this information to go further The court also ordered the newspaper’s “definitive closure.” The two journalists said they would appeal the verdicts in both cases.“Despite our many protests, a demonstration outside the Moroccan embassy in Paris, a meeting with three advisers to the Moroccan ambassador to Paris, and a news conference in Casablanca attended by Bouachrine and Gueddar (see video), we now have to express our deep disappointment about these verdicts, which sent a grim warning to the Moroccan press,” Reporters Without Borders said.The press freedom organisation added: “We hope there will be a royal pardon but meanwhile we publish the letter we sent to Hillary Clinton, as we said we would do during the Casablanca press conference on 27 October.”Read the letter to US secretary of state Hillary Clinton, who will begin a two-day visit to Morocco on 2 November.The Reporters Without Borders news conference in Casablanca and an interview with cartoonist Khalid Gueddar:Reporters sans frontières: Conférence de presse au Marocenvoyé par rsf_internet. – L’actualité du moment en vidéo. RSF joins Middle East and North Africa coalition to combat digital surveillance June 8, 2021 Find out more News A Casablanca court yesterday gave Taoufiq Bouachrine, the publisher of the Akhbar al-Youm newspaper, and cartoonist Khalid Gueddar three-year suspended jail sentences and ordered them to pay a colossal 270,000 euros in damages to Prince Moulay Ismaïl, a cousin of the king, for a cartoon of the prince published last month.The sentences were issued as a result of a suit brought by the prince accusing them of “failing to accord due respect to a member of the royal family.” The court imposed additional one-year suspended jail sentences and a fine of 9,000 euros in a parallel case brought by the interior ministry accusing them of “attacking an emblem of the kingdom.” October 31, 2009 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Suspended jail terms and exorbitant damages award against newspaper publisher and cartoonist RSF_en April 28, 2021 Find out more News News Morocco / Western SaharaMiddle East – North Africa Organisation NSO Group hasn’t kept its promises on human rights, RSF and other NGOs say Follow the news on Morocco / Western Sahara April 15, 2021 Find out more Receive email alerts Hunger strike is last resort for some imprisoned Moroccan journalistslast_img read more

Start reading Suspended jail terms and exorbitant damages award against newspaper publisher and cartoonist

Report of fact-finding visit – “Cúcuta, dangerous crossroads for the Colombian press”

first_img October 21, 2020 Find out more RSF begins research into mechanisms for protecting journalists in Latin America May 13, 2021 Find out more Organisation to go further RSF, IFEX-ALC and Media Defence, support FLIP and journalist Diana Díaz against state harassment in Colombia November 2, 2006 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Report of fact-finding visit – “Cúcuta, dangerous crossroads for the Colombian press” ColombiaAmericas Help by sharing this information News Receive email alerts Reports Follow the news on Colombia News RSF_en 2011-2020: A study of journalist murders in Latin America confirms the importance of strengthening protection policies Reporters Without Borders issues a report on the plight of the press in Cúcuta (in northeastern Colombia) following a fact-finding visit there on 9-10 February. It was here that Julio Palacios Sánchez (photo) of Radio Lema was gunned down on 11 January. A microcosm of the country’s conflicts, Cúcuta shows how dangerous it is to be a journalist in Colombia. News Reporters Without Borders today issued a report on the perils for journalists in Cúcuta, a border city in north-eastern Colombia. The report is the result of a fact-finding visit to the city conducted jointly with other organizations (including a Reporters Without Borders partner) on 9-10 February. Its publication coincides with the anniversary of the assassination of politician Jorge Eliécer Gaitán on 9 April 1948, seen as the start of Colombia’s endemic political violence.This year began tragically for the Colombian press with the murder of Julio Palacios Sánchez of Radio Lema on 11 January in Cúcuta. Located at the heart of a region on which different armed groups – guerrillas, paramilitaries and drug traffickers – have all converged, the city saw eight of the 38 cases of serious threats against the press registered in Colombia by Reporters Without Borders in 2004. Several journalists had to stop working and leave the region. Others who have decided to stay censor themselves for their protection.This is the situation that prompted the joint fact-finding visit by Reporters Without Borders (of France and Sweden), the Fundación para la Libertad de Prensa (a Colombian organization partnered with Reporters Without Borders), the Instituto Prensa y Sociedad (of Peru) and International Media Support (of Denmark). The team’s members questioned some 20 representatives of local and national media, as well as various local government, judicial and military officials.The visit not only highlighted the permanent pressure which the press must endure in this explosive microcosm of Colombia’s conflicts, it also revealed a still tenacious climate of impunity and a shocking lack of responsibility on the part of the authorities as regards the plight of the city’s journalists. The deputy mayor, for example, told the visiting team he had never heard of any attacks against the press. The police chief told the team that Julio Palacios Sánchez’s murder was a “black speck on an otherwise white handkerchief.”This irresponsibility is another danger for the Colombia news media and a real threat to press freedom in Colombia. ColombiaAmericas April 27, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

Start reading Report of fact-finding visit – “Cúcuta, dangerous crossroads for the Colombian press”

Limerick council to remove asbestos after air tests

first_imgNewsHealthLimerick council to remove asbestos after air testsBy Editor – November 9, 2017 4049 Previous articleMore Limerick people availing of cancer counselling serviceNext articleLimerick TD expects progress on pension discrimination Editor Email Print Facebook Beyond the neon runes TAGSAsbestosattic spaceCarew Parkhealth riskHot PressHSElimerickLimerick City and Council Councilremovalspecialist consultantsVale Avenue Twitter 10-year-olds beating horses ‘up and down’ in Carew Park Advertisementcenter_img Contractor removing asbestos coatingAs part of the thermal upgrade programme, Limerick City and County Council is to conduct a series of air tests in Vale Avenue, Carew Park beginning this Friday.The testing is being carried out after a survey detected asbestos material in fire resistant packing rope in the hot press area and attic space of the houses.Asbestos was used extensively in building materials in Ireland and internationally up until the late 1990s, due to its insulating, sound absorbing, and fire retarding capabilities.  Almost all buildings constructed before 2000 are likely to have some asbestos containing material.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Intact and undisturbed asbestos materials do not pose a health risk. However, they can become a concern if they are damaged, deteriorate over time or are otherwise disturbed.Limerick City and County Council has decided to remove the asbestos material and is liaising with the HSE in relation to the issue.The first stage of the process is air testing, followed by a temporary sealing off of the area, removal of the asbestos material and a follow-up air test.Letters explaining the situation, along with a HSE information leaflet, have been hand delivered to the residents in Vale Avenue, Carew Park.The letter outlines the steps Limerick City and County Council are taking in order to remove the asbestos, while officials from the local authority will be present to further explain the process.Specialist consultants and accredited contractors, who are experienced in the removal of asbestos, have been engaged to oversee and complete the necessary removal activities.See more news here Hot Press award for Dolan’s Warehouse, Limerick Linkedin WhatsApp Anti social behaviour trapping residents in their homes Watch: Sheil confident Pike can compete on all fronts in 2018/2019 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Stray horses raise injury concerns in Limerick’s Carew Parklast_img read more

Start reading Limerick council to remove asbestos after air tests