Category: nrhjfbfp

Advice on commercial partnerships

About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. Advice on commercial partnerships AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 8 May 2000 | News  17 total views,  1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis The Charity Commission has published advice to charities on protecting their interests when entering commercial partnerships. Find out what they have to say on Fund-raising through partnerships with companies. read more

Start reading Advice on commercial partnerships

Brexit treaty 90% agreed – Coveney

first_img By News Highland – October 7, 2018 Brexit treaty 90% agreed – Coveney WhatsApp DL Debate – 24/05/21 AudioHomepage BannerNews Derry draw with Pats: Higgins & Thomson Reaction Facebook Google+ Twitter Facebook The Tanaiste Simon Coveney says the withdrawal treaty is about 90 percent agreed.The issues that remain outstanding relate mainly to the Irish Border issue.EU Government heads will meet in two weeks time, where it’s hoped British Prime Minister Theresa May will have concrete proposals.Simon Coveney says both negotiating teams need to lock themselves in a room and come up with a deal:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Covenybrexit.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. WhatsAppcenter_img Pinterest News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleGlenfin join Aodh Ruadh in Donegal IFC FinalNext articleTributes paid following death of Emma Mhic Mhathuna News Highland Harps come back to win in Waterford Google+ Twitter Pinterest FT Report: Derry City 2 St Pats 2 Important message for people attending LUH’s INR cliniclast_img read more

Start reading Brexit treaty 90% agreed – Coveney

Governor urges social distancing after Wisconsin court blocks stay-at-home order

first_imgMichael Vi/iStockBy MEREDITH DELISO, ABC News(MADISON, Wis.) — Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers urged residents to continue to practice social distancing a day after the state Supreme Court blocked his stay-at-home order.“We cannot let this ruling undo all the work we have done and all the sacrifices Wisconsinites have made over these past few months,” Evers said during Thursday’s Democratic Radio Address. “We need everyone to continue doing their part to keep our families, our neighbors, our healthcare providers, as well as our communities, safe by continuing to stay safer at home, practice social distancing and limit travel.”The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled against the Democratic governor’s stay-at-home order extension on Wednesday, saying the administration exceeded its authority.Last month, Evers directed Department of Health Services Secretary-designee Andrea Palm to extend the state’s “Safer at Home” order, keeping nonessential businesses closed until May 26.In the 4-3 decision, the conservative-controlled high court said Palm overstepped her authority in “confining all people to their homes, forbidding travel and closing businesses.”Evers said he was “disappointed” with the Supreme Court’s decision and that Wisconsin was “in a pretty good place in our battle against COVID-19.”The state had reached almost all of its “gating criteria” and small businesses had opened, Evers said, adding that residents should continue “doing what we can and what we have to do to protect the health and safety of the people of our state.”“Just because the Supreme Court says it’s OK to open, doesn’t mean the science does,” he continued. “Folks, deadly viruses don’t go away on their own, and they don’t go away because the Supreme Court says so.”Wisconsin had 10,902 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 421 deaths, according to the latest figures from the state’s health department. On Wednesday, the day of the ruling, there were 291 new cases, up from 193 the day before.Immediately following the court’s decision, bars across the state were packed.The court’s decision lets schools continue to remain closed. Local counties can also decide whether to issue their own restrictions.Following the decision, several counties in Wisconsin issued their own stay-at-home orders to keep the governor’s guidelines in place through May 26, including Green, Rock and Dane, which includes Madison. Brown County has kept the order active through May 20. The city of Milwaukee also said the stay-at-home order is still in effect.There have been attempts to overturn stay-at-home orders in several states, but Wisconsin marks the first time a state’s high court has done so during the pandemic. Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Start reading Governor urges social distancing after Wisconsin court blocks stay-at-home order

All quiet on the union deals front

first_imgRelated posts:No related photos. Statutory union recognition has turned into a non-barking dog, with onlynine disputed claims since June. The most controversial part of the Employment Relations Act has failed toignite, said Dominic Johnson, the CBI’s head of employee relations, at aconference last month organised by employers’ Law and law firm Pinsent Curtis.”The central arbitration committee must be rather bored, which I think isa good thing,” Johnson said. Delegates heard that the CAC, which mediates in disputed recognition cases,has considered only nine applications in four months. “Probably the reasonfor it is the enormous number of voluntary agreements, probably into thethousands,” CAC chairman Michael Burton told delegates. The DTI’s director of collective employment rights Jonathan Startup said,”Ministers are not disappointed at the relatively small number of cases asthe aim was for people to explore the voluntary options before resorting to theCAC.” Previous Article Next Article All quiet on the union deals frontOn 1 Oct 2000 in Personnel Today Comments are closed. last_img read more

Start reading All quiet on the union deals front

Importance of coastal nutrient supply for global ocean biogeochemistry

first_imgThe coastal ocean provides nutrients to the open ocean in accounts that are poorly quantified. We use an ocean biogeochemistry model to assess the importance of the coastal nutrient supply to global ocean biogeochemistry. The model includes full cycles of P, Si, and Fe, as well as the representation of two phytoplankton groups, two zooplankton groups, and two organic detritus pools. When coastal mixing is enhanced to reproduce the action of tides and storms, primary production and chlorophyll-a (Chla) concentrations show a large increase at the coast and a smaller increase in the open ocean. When coastal nutrient supply is enhanced to reproduce sediment resuspension or river supply, both the coastal ocean and the open ocean primary production and Chla concentration increase in comparable amounts. In agreement with the definition of nutrient limitation areas in the model, coastal export of P-excess impacts mainly the subtropical oligotrophic areas, Si-excess impacts the Arctic Ocean and some coastal areas, and Fe-excess impacts the east equatorial Pacific, North Atlantic and North Pacific, and the Southern Ocean. Modeled Chla is closest to observations when the input ratio of Fe to P and Si is enhanced.last_img read more

Start reading Importance of coastal nutrient supply for global ocean biogeochemistry

Ice and ocean velocity in the Arctic marginal ice zone: Ice roughness and momentum transfer

first_imgThe interplay between sea ice concentration, sea ice roughness, ocean stratification, and momentum transfer to the ice and ocean is subject to seasonal and decadal variations that are crucial to understanding the present and future air-ice-ocean system in the Arctic. In this study, continuous observations in the Canada Basin from March through December 2014 were used to investigate spatial differences and temporal changes in under-ice roughness and momentum transfer as the ice cover evolved seasonally. Observations of wind, ice, and ocean properties from four clusters of drifting instrument systems were complemented by direct drill-hole measurements and instrumented overhead flights by NASA operation IceBridge in March, as well as satellite remote sensing imagery about the instrument clusters. Spatially, directly estimated ice-ocean drag coefficients varied by a factor of three with rougher ice associated with smaller multi-year ice floe sizes embedded within the first-year-ice/multi-year-ice conglomerate. Temporal differences in the ice-ocean drag coefficient of 20–30% were observed prior to the mixed layer shoaling in summer and were associated with ice concentrations falling below 100%. The ice-ocean drag coefficient parameterization was found to be invalid in September with low ice concentrations and small ice floe sizes. Maximum momentum transfer to the ice occurred for moderate ice concentrations, and transfer to the ocean for the lowest ice concentrations and shallowest stratification. Wind work and ocean work on the ice were the dominant terms in the kinetic energy budget of the ice throughout the melt season, consistent with free drift conditions. Overall, ice topography, ice concentration, and the shallow summer mixed layer all influenced mixed layer currents and the transfer of momentum within the air-ice-ocean system. The observed changes in momentum transfer show that care must be taken to determine appropriate parameterizations of momentum transfer, and imply that the future Arctic system could become increasingly seasonal.last_img read more

Start reading Ice and ocean velocity in the Arctic marginal ice zone: Ice roughness and momentum transfer

“No one wants to join” Bullingdon Club

first_imgThe Bullingdon Club may be on the verge of extinction with as few as two members left, according to Oxford sources published in the Daily Telegraph today. It is understood that even close friends of last year’s president did not want to join, and that the club’s reputation is deterring potential members.A variety of students and recent graduates have claimed that the club is struggling to replenish its membership as incoming students turn down offers because of the club’s reputation. One source claimed that “Every reasonable person thinks it is a joke. People think it is elitist and exclusionary and if anyone is ever mentioned as being in the Bullingdon the instant reaction of everyone hearing it is, ‘what a loser’.”It was also suggested that the rise of social media has deterred prospective members, with the same source stating, “People are worried that it is too much scandal and then their name will be in a student paper. No one used to care about that but now because it all goes online, all it takes is a Google and everyone is quite scared about that. It’s definitely a big fear.”One Oxford graduate interviewed by the Daily Telegraph claimed to know “at least one person who has turned down the Bullingdon this year”, and said, “If you knew who was in it, you would see them around but you would never see them as a group smashing stuff up. They were just normal people in a pub, never in their tailcoats smashing up a pub.”Typically formed of twelve members, the Bullingdon Club has known periods of unpopularity before. In 2009, Cherwell reported that the club had rebounded to have twenty members, after having only four in 2006.last_img read more

Start reading “No one wants to join” Bullingdon Club

Balliol introduces Oxford’s first homelessness representative

first_imgBalliol has voted to elect an Oxford JCR’s first homelessness officer to “empower homeless people” in the city.The new officer will be mandated to collect food, sanitary items, and other donations for a local volunteer group, Turl Street Homeless Action, and publicise volunteering opportunities.It follows the City Council’s decision to extend the severe weather emergency protocal (SWEP) for rough sleepers because of sub-zero temperatures.Proposers of the idea, backed by the Oxford SU campaign On Your Doorstep, said the new position would also “create uninterrupted pressure on college governing bodies” to improve their support for the homeless.The motion, proposed by third-year Simran Uppal, read: “This JCR believes that it has a duty towards its local community, especially when it is in crisis (and) we should do as much as we can to empower and help homeless people.”Following Balliol’s decision, students at Wadham also passed a motion at its first reading to create a homelessness officer, though their responsibilities may be added to the mandates of existing officers.Ray Williams, who seconded the Wadham motion, said: “At the last Oxford SU elections there was disagreement over whether homelessness and the inequality in our city was a “student issue”. Motions like this are going around JCRs across Oxford because it 100 per cent is.”Although many colleges have charities or communities officers, this is the first time an Oxford college will have a position solely dedicated homelessness.On Your Doorstep is hoping to expand the scheme to other JCRs. Alex Kumar, an On Your Doorstep activist, said: “This country is in the midst of a crisis of homelessness and rough sleeping, and Oxford’s most vulnerable are suffering deeply.“As members of the University and Colleges that dominate this city, we have a responsibility to those who make their beds on our streets and even on our very doorsteps.“I hope that JCRs and MCRs across Oxford will take inspiration from this.“We can only fight this crisis if enough of us are prepared to take a stand.”last_img read more

Start reading Balliol introduces Oxford’s first homelessness representative

Indiana State Police Now Accepting Applications for Motor Carrier Inspectors

first_imgThe Indiana State Police is now accepting applications for Motor Carrier Inspectors. These permanent scale facilities will include one position at the Ft. Wayne District and two positions at the Versailles District. These scale facilities are located on I-69 in Warren and on I-65 in Seymour. Inspectors enforce both state and federal regulations pertaining to commercial motor vehicles operating within the state of Indiana.Trainees must complete the Motor Carrier Inspector School scheduled to begin on August 14, 2017, and conclude on October 27, 2017. The training will be conducted Monday through Friday at the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement facility in Indianapolis, IN. Housing will be provided. During the training, trainees will develop skills including: emergency vehicle operations, defensive tactics, communications, hazardous materials, first-aid, post-crash investigations and truck inspections.In order to participate in the selection process, applicants for the position of Motor Carrier Inspector must meet the following basic requirements:1. Be a United States citizen.2. Be at least 21 years old by October 27, 2017.3. Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.4. Possess a valid driver’s license.5. Be required to pass a physical agility test, oral interview, polygraph exam and a backgroundInvestigation.6. Be required to complete a medical exam, a psychological exam and drug test.7. Geographical proximity to the scale facility may be a factor in the selection process.Trainees are paid during the school and are provided all necessary equipment. The starting salary is $27,989 and will increase to $28,825 at the end of the first year of employment. Over the next ten years with step increases in pay, a Motor Carrier Inspector may reach an annual salary of $42,249. A retirement program will be available through PERF.To apply for a Motor Carrier Inspector position, visit the Indiana Government Job Bank at http://www.in.gov/jobs/. All state employment opportunities can be found on this website. To apply for any position with the State of Indiana, you must register with the Indiana Job Bank and have a valid e-mail address. Applications for Motor Carrier Inspector must be submitted by 11:59 PM (Indianapolis time), May 8, 2017.FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmailSharelast_img read more

Start reading Indiana State Police Now Accepting Applications for Motor Carrier Inspectors

Notre Dame legend Paul Hornung has died

first_img Twitter WhatsApp By Tommie Lee – November 13, 2020 0 335 Notre Dame legend Paul Hornung has died Twitter Google+ Previous articleGoshen Middle School, High School to go virtual starting MondayNext articleChild, 4, killed in crash on State Road 119 in Elkhart County Tommie Lee IndianaLocalNationalNewsSouth Bend MarketSports Google+ Facebook Pinterest Facebook Pinterest WhatsApp (Source: https://goo.gl/QeYP7K License: https://goo.gl/sZ7V7x) There was sad news on Friday for the Notre Dame family.Notre Dame legend and Heisman Trophy winner Paul Vernon Hornung has passed away at the age of 84.Hornung, who went on to a storied career with the Green Bay Packers and spent time as a broadcaster, died after a lengthy battle with dementia.He won the Heisman with the Fighting Irish in 1956, and is a member of both the College and Pro Football Halls of Fame.The annual award given to the most versatile player in major college football each season bears his name.last_img read more

Start reading Notre Dame legend Paul Hornung has died