FILE – In this Dec. 18, 2017 file photo, former Los Angeles Laker Kobe Bryant arrives for a halftime ceremony, retiring both of his jersey’s during an NBA basketball game between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Golden State Warriors, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson, File)NEW YORK — Kobe Bryant won’t be coming out of retirement to play in the BIG3 next year.A spokesperson for the longtime Los Angeles Lakers star said Tuesday that Bryant isn’t playing next season in the 3-on-3 league of former NBA players.ADVERTISEMENT Speculation that Bryant would play had heated up earlier in the day when league co-founder and entertainment executive Jeff Kwatinetz said during the league’s weekly conference call that he “did hear from a credible source yesterday that Kobe says he’s playing next year.”But Molly Carter, chief marketing officer of Kobe Inc., says the NBA’s No. 3 career scorer has no plans to do so.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’The BIG3 wraps up its second season with the championship game on Friday in Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? LATEST STORIES MOST READ Peza offers relief to ecozone firms View comments ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Hidilyn Diaz: ‘I miss cheesecake!’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal
In the wake of the alarming increase in the US dollar value against the local currency, the Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) has commenced the removal and shutting down of illegal moneychangers from the streets of Monrovia and its environs. The enforcement exercise, which was contained in a statement issued yesterday, said the Bank will use several measures to accomplish its aims, including confiscation of funds of violators. “We observed with serious concern the re-emergence of illegal foreign exchange operators in the country, in violation of the Central Bank of Liberia Act of 1999, the New Financial Institutions Act of 1999 and the Regulation concerning the licensing and supervision of foreign exchange bureaus in Liberia,” the statement said. The CBL is hereby directing all illegal foreign exchange operators to immediately desist from the foreign exchange business without the authorization of the Bank.The Bank then advised the public not to do business with any foreign exchange operators who are not licensed by the CBL.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
One hundred and twenty-seven Sophia Training Centre (STC) students graduated on Wednesday after successfully completing the 31st Youth Entrepreneurial Skills Training Programme (YEST) in a variety of disciplines.Speaking at the graduation ceremony held at the National Cultural Centre (NCC), Social Cohesion Department’s Programme Coordinator, Sharon Patterson told the graduates that the completion of their course was a stepping stone to a betterSection of the graduands of the 31st Youth Entrepreneurial Skills Training Programme (YEST)future.“I am certain that many of you here today would be repeating this particular journey at some other stage of your life. I believe you will seek to move to higher levels in your respective fields of study,” Patterson said.The Programme Coordinator urged the students to be willing to always learn and never turn away from opportunities that would serve to benefit them in the future.Patterson said the Government has designed the programme to ensure it served as an effective avenue that instructed youths in self-development and as a result, the development of the country.Valedictorian Lafia Yearwood advised her classmates to apply the knowledge andSocial Cohesion Department Programme Coordinator Sharon Pattersonskills learnt during their training as they enter the world of business. She also encouraged them to continue striving for excellence.Instructor Brian King thanked both the private and public organisations who provided tours and work-study opportunities for the students. These, he noted, allowed the students to gain valuable experience. He was optimistic that there would be continued collaboration with both private and public organisations.YEST is a programme that offers youths between the ages of 16 and 25 training in cosmetology, information technology, masonry, carpentry, welding, and mechanical and other skills-training programmes.
The Guyana Elections Commission has sent out a warning to the public, urging to be on the lookout for persons who are posing as representatives of the agency.It was indicated that citizens from Regions Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam), Three (Essequibo Islands-West Demerara), Four (Demerara-Mahaica) and Six (East Berbice-Corentyne), contacted the Commission’s Secretariat to “query the nature of the exercise after being visited by persons purported to be from the Commission”.As such, persons are urged not to divulge any personal information to these persons, who are clearly not associated with the agency.“Please be advised that the Commission is not engaged in any such field exercise and is, therefore, urging citizens to be extremely cautious and not to provide any information (to) those persons as their motive is unknown and can be potentially harmful,” the Commission said on Wednesday.Since the successful passage of the no-confidence resolution on December 21, 2018, elections are to be called in three months.A meeting was facilitated between GECOM and Chief Whips, Gail Teixeira and Amna Ally, which ended abruptly on Friday when Chairman, Retired Justice James Patterson refused to entertain further questions about the Commission’s preparations for the constitutionally mandated elections.People’s Progressive Party (PPP) nominated commissioners on the GECOM are contending that far from the view being expressed by GECOM and Government officials, elections can be held by March 19.Commissioner Sase Gunraj since said that GECOM’s Chief Elections Officer (CEO), Keith Lowenfield has been creating an impression that there is not enough time to complete various tasks before elections. But according to him, these tasks can be completed simultaneously.Just a few weeks before, GECOM Public Relations Officer, Yolanda Ward told Guyana Times that the entity will deliver once a date is set for fresh polls.“It’s our constitutional mandate to conduct General and Regional Elections as well as Local Government Elections. If that is the decision that we will have to conduct elections within a short period, then we will have to ensure that those elections are held as required, because it’s our constitutional mandate. I’m sure that our Standard Operating Procedures will click into gear and we will be prepared to execute elections at a time we have been asked to do,” Ward was quoted as saying.GECOM, which successfully ran the Local Government Elections in November 2018, less than three months ago, is being blamed by Government for not being ready, but it is the President of Guyana, who has to give a date for elections and not GECOM as is being touted. The President of Guyana, according to the Constitution, has to dissolve Parliament and issue a date for elections.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — The Fort St. John Soccer Club will be bringing back members of the UVic Vikes varsity soccer team to put on a camp this summer, and has extended the registration deadline for the camp.The Vikes Soccer Camp will be taking place July 24th – 28th, and will feature the UVic Vikes varsity squad offering a highly instructional camp. The camp runs from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Dr. Kearney Middle School and is open to players born 1999 – 2008 inclusive.The camp costs $175 per player, and registration closes on July 15th. Each Camper will receive a camp T-shirt, soccer ball, camp team photo and a Camp Certificate. Registration is limited, so make sure you register early. Registration is now open until July 13th at 2:00 p.m. No payments or registrations will be accepted after 2:00 p.m.- Advertisement -To register, go to http://fsjsoccer.com/index.php.
1 Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has urged his players to show their confidence as they look to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they face Everton.The Saints are in the midst of their worst run in the 21st century having lost their last five games in all competitions, but still remain in fifth place in the Premier League after their flying start to the season.And the Dutchman has called for his team to show their early season form at St Mary’s when they tackle the Toffees as they look to get their season back up and running.“Always you have to look until now,” Koeman said. “If somebody said to me in the pre-season ‘after the middle of December you are the fifth in the list’, I would have said ‘give me the paper and I will sign it now’“I understand the defeats because that’s always the difference with players. They need confidence and sometimes now you see that.“I know my players, how they can play football, and it’s difficult because of maybe freshness, maybe about more changes in the team.“Confidence you can show them, you can tell them. The answer is always on the pitch Saturday at 3 o’clock and then you have to show it.” Koeman looks to return to winning ways
But a raw and uncompromising first half in front of a baying crowd gave way to a more tactical second period as both teams slowed down and probed for opportunities — and Iraq nearly snatched a late winner.The 0-0 result meant that Iran, Carlos Queiroz’s three-time winners, finished top of Group D on goal difference after their 5-0 thrashing of Yemen and 2-0 win over Vietnam.“I’m a little bit tired after that,” smiled Queiroz. “It was intense, it was enthusiastic, it was played in a good spirit.”Iran welcomed back Brighton’s Alireza Jahanbakhsh, last season’s Eredivisie top-scorer, from injury as they looked to go unbeaten for a 20th straight game at the group stage.And in a physical first half played in deafening noise, Iran, Asia’s top-ranked side, were largely on top but couldn’t make their advantage count.As the challenges flew in, Jahanbakhsh and Iraq’s Safaa Hadi both wiped away blood, and Iranian midfielder Saman Ghoddos was lucky not to see red for a stamp.– ‘We’ll be ready’ –Iran’s Sardar Azmoun came close with a header, Ghoddos saw a powerful drive deflected away and Jahanbakhsh fizzed one over on the rebound. Iran also strongly claimed a penalty when Hadi handled accidentally.At the other end, Ahmed Yasin’s low shot was just off target and 18-year-old forward Mohanad Ali, scorer of a brilliant solo goal against Yemen, glanced a header wide.Jahanbakhsh withdrew just after the hour-mark and Iraq’s Ali followed shortly afterwards, following a final attempt which the teenager drove straight down the throat of goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand.It looked like both sides were happy to settle for a draw before Iraq’s Humam Tariq swung a cross to substitute forward Alaa Abbas, whose header was acrobatically palmed away by Beiranvand.However, clear-cut chances were scant in the second half as the former war-time foes saved their energies for the bigger challenges to come in the knockout phase.In the round of 16, Iran will play one of the third-placed teams while Iraq, the 2007 champions, are lined up to face either Qatar or three-time winners Saudi Arabia.“It doesn’t matter who we play, Qatar or Saudi Arabia — we’ll be ready,” said Iraq coach Srecko Katanec.Vietnam finished third in the group as they eased past war-torn Yemen 2-0 for their first points, after a brilliant Nguyen Quang Hai free-kick and a penalty from Que Ngoc Hai.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Iran and Iraq played out a 0-0 Asian Cup draw on Wednesday © AFP / Karim SahibDUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Jan 16 – Iran finished top of their Asian Cup group on Wednesday after a hard-fought but goalless draw with arch-rivals Iraq at a packed Al Maktoum Stadium in Dubai.The latest instalment in one of football’s great rivalries began at a frenetic pace as the two teams reprised their classic 2015 quarter-final, won by Iraq on penalties after a 3-3 draw.
The much-awaited opening of the Rossview Interiors in Letterkenny takes place this Saturday, July 27th.The new 5,000 sq ft showroom is interlinked within Donegal Tile Centre’s already established showroom you now have the choice of Tiles, Bathrooms, Furniture, Bedding, Fabric & Curtain’s along with Lighting all under the one roof. So if you are redecorating or extending your home now or in the future, a visit to Rossview Interiors is a must for you.There is a designated Bedroom Furniture Section with a large selection of bedroom furniture all with matching curtains and bed linen.There is a huge variety of Dining and Living Room Furniture along with a fantastic selection of Occasional Furniture.In the Fabric Studio there is a huge selection of fabric and wallpaper along with custom made curtains starting at € 200. We offer a professional make up and fitting service for all curtains and have a fast selection of curtain poles and blinds. Throughout the showroom there are separate areas divided up into living spaces with windows all tastefully decorated with different colours and designs to help you make that choice.The lighting suite is very impressive with all types of lights from LED lighting, Spotlights, downlighters and outdoor lighting all in working displays. There is a choice of contemporary and classical flush fittings and pendants and a range of table and floor lamps.We can also offer you by appointment, the assistance of our own complimentary qualified interior designerThere is lots of Special Opening Offers so don’t miss out and come along this Saturday to the ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL YOUR INTERIORS – ROSSVIEW INTERIORS‘The Home of Better Deals’SHOWROOM OPENING HOURS Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 6.00 pm and late opening on Thursday’s to 7.00 pmSaturday 9.30 am – 5.00pmROSSVIEW INTERIORS TO OFFER ALL FOR YOUR HOME UNDER ONE ROOF! was last modified: July 26th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:official openingRossview Interiors
DONEGAL could escape the worst of horrible weather predicted for Wednesday – but we will still face high winds and heavy downpours.Met Eireann issued a new weather warning at 11.20pm last night (Tuesday) predicting damaging winds and heavy rain.It said south Munster and east Leinster would be worst affected. “A combination of high winds, heavy rainfall, abnormally low pressure and high tides will cause dangerous conditions in south Munster and east Leinster during Wednesday 15th August,” said Met Eireann.“Gale to strong gale force easterly winds, later veering southeasterly to southerly, will occur. Frequent spells of rain will result in accumulations of 30 to 50 mm generally, with higher totals possible in mountainous areas. The will be a high risk of coastal and river flooding,” it added.The predicted rainfall sequence suggests the atrocious conditions will hit Donegal by the afternoon and evening and will be accompanied by high tides.We should escape the worst of the conditions. BBC Northern Ireland has a similar forecast. WEATHER WARNING: 70MPH WINDS AND TORRENTIAL RAIN ON THE WAY was last modified: August 15th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:WEATHER WARNING: 70MPH WINDS AND TORRENTIAL RAIN ON THE WAY