Sanket Vijayasarathy New DelhiApril 24, 2019UPDATED: April 25, 2019 09:32 IST HIGHLIGHTSOnePlus 7 Pro price in India could cross Rs 50,000.The OnePlus 7 Pro is tipped to come with a curved display and 90Hz refresh rate.It is also expected to sport a pop-up selfie camera and a triple rear camera setup.OnePlus has started teasing the launch of the OnePlus 7 series. The company has announced a May 14 launch date with events taking place simultaneously in India, China, the UK and the US. The OnePlus 7 series is said to include a regular OnePlus 7 and a OnePlus 7 Pro. The Pro model is tipped to come with some additional premium features and a higher price tag. How high you ask? Well, it is quite possible that the OnePlus 7 Pro price in India will cross Rs 50,000.A user on Weibo asked whether 5,000 Yuan would be enough to buy the OnePlus 7 Pro to which OnePlus CEO Pete Lau said it would be just enough, GizmoChina reports. When converted to Indian currency, this means the OnePlus 7 Pro could cost approximately Rs 52,000 in India. This is a rough estimation and the final price could be a little higher or lower.The OnePlus 7 Pro is being touted as the company’s most premium phone to date as the company looks to directly take on Samsung, Huawei and Apple in the premium segment. It wouldn’t be the first time OnePlus launches a phone that crosses the Rs 50,000 mark. A few months ago, the company announced the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition for Rs 50,999, which is currently on sale in India on Amazon and OnePlus’ official website.The OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition was no doubt a way for the company to test the water to see how consumers react to a OnePlus phone with a price over Rs 50,000. OnePlus claims that it has seen a positive response towards the McLaren Edition, which is why the company brought it back on sale again in India. This must have given the company the necessary confidence to launch a more premium Pro model.advertisementBased on what we know so far, the OnePlus 7 Pro is rumoured to sport a large 6.7-inch sAMOLED curved display with a QHD+ resolution and smooth refresh rate of 90Hz. It will also come with 5G support along with a Snapdragon 855 chipset and possibly up to 10GB of RAM. The Pro model is also tipped to come with a pop-up selfie camera and a triple camera setup with a 48MP primary camera. You can also expect a 40W fast charge support and a larger battery compared to the OnePlus 7.ALSO READ | OnePlus 7 series listed on Amazon India with notify me option ahead of May 14 launchALSO READ | OnePlus 7 series to be launched on May 14 in India, company hints at gradient coloursGet real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted bySanket Vijayasarathy Tags :Follow OneplusFollow OnePlus 7 OnePlus 7 Pro price in India could cross Rs 50,000, CEO hintsOnePlus is set to launch the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro on May 14 and it is possible that the Pro model will cross Rs 50,000 in India.advertisement
Vaiko claimed an appointment was confirmed by the Consulate officials, but when he went there on Tuesday, an audience with the Consul General was refused. This forced him to present the memorandum to a Political/Economic officer. “We were not even allowed into the building,” he alleged and added that a peaceful protest was earlier held near the Rajarathinam Stadium on the shift of stand by the US.Meanwhile, the CPI (M) and VCK condemned the manner in which Mr. Vaiko was treated by the American Consulate. (Colombo Gazette) Consequently, he had a sought an appointment with the Consul General to present a memorandum to press for a reconsideration of the country’s position on the issue. Former Indian MP and MDMK general secretary Vaiko charged that the US Consulate in Chennai had “disrespected” Tamils by not allowing him to meet the Consul General and present a memorandum on the stand the country had taken on international investigations into alleged war crimes in Sri Lanka, The Hindu newspaper reportedIn a press release, Vaiko pointed out that in a recent public statement, the Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia in the US Department of State, Nisha Biswal, had said there was no need for an international probe into the allegations of war crimes and a domestic investigation by the Sri Lankan government would be facilitated. This stand, a contradiction to the one the US took in 2014, has come as a shock to Tamils, he said.
The Police are on the hunt for five gunmen, who in the wee hours of Friday morning, invaded the home of the parents of television personality, Neaz Subhan.The invasion occurred just after 02:00h while 73-year-old Mohammed Subhan and his 84-year-old disabled wife, Khairool Subhan were asleep in their “A” Craig, East Bank Demerara (EBD) home.Inews understand that while asleep in the two-storey concrete building, Mohammed Subhan was awakened by one of the armed perpetrators who demanded cash and valuables.However, after the duo failed to complied, the men proceeded to ransack the said room but were only able to escape with a 32” flat screen television valued $70,000.The stand from where the TV was removedWhen contacted, Neaz Subhan detailed what transpired. He explained that his father was awakened and a gun was placed to his head by one of the perpretartors who commanded him not to scream.Subhan told this online publication that his father proceeded to beg for his life, pleading with the gunman not to hurt him.However, the men, two of whom were actually seen to be armed, proceeded to ransack the room and it was then that they removed the television and a cell phone.Subhan disclosed that while the men were still in the house, he received a call from his father who told him what was occurring.“I quickly placed a call to 911 but was placed on hold and later given a number to contact the Grove Police Station” Subhan revealed in dismay.He further reported that when the said number given to him by the 911 operator was called; it was not that of the Grove Police Station but rather belonged to the Providence Police Station.“When I finally received a number and contacted Grove, I was told that they cannot provide assistance as only two Officers were at the time available” Subhan said.As such, the Brickdam Police Station had to be called and it was only then that assistance was provided.According to Subhan, he was told by the ranks that responded that four other persons in streets within the said village were also robbed prior to and following the robbery of his parents.This is the second robbery carried out on the elderly couple, the first of which occurred in July of 2017.In that incident, the house was invaded at around 04:00h. It was reported that Mohammed was again awakened by noises emanating from outside the said bedroom.Upon inspections, Subhan saw a crowbar which was stuck by his bedroom door, as a robber made efforts to pull out the bolts to gain entry into their room.Subhan immediately called for assistance from his son who resides in Diamond, East Bank Demerara.The younger Subhan quickly contacted police and when he arrived at his parents’ home, the law enforcement officials were already combing the area.Upon inspection, the lower flat of the couple’s house was completely ransacked and a bag reportedly belonging to the robber was found in the yard with several carpentry tools.However in that incident, no one was ever apprehended.The Police are currently investigating this current attack and reportedly have a number of suspects. (Kizzy Coleman) Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedBandits break into home of elderly couple, parents of Neaz SubhanJuly 21, 2017In “Crime”Lusignan Massacre victims remembered; AG warns families of those who politicise the crimeJanuary 27, 2015In “Politics”Gov’t Spokesman urges state media top brass to ‘follow Neaz Subhan’June 5, 2015In “Politics”