FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享CBS News:A Tennessee coal mining company that filed for bankruptcy this week is the second coal company to go bankrupt during Donald Trump’s pro-coal presidency. It’s also the fifth U.S. coal industry bankruptcy in the last three years as competitors in the energy market continue to drive coal into the dust pile.Mission Coal, an operator of three mines in West Virginia and one in Alabama, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Sunday listing about $175 million in debt and just $55,000 cash on hand, according to court filings. This small company joins Colorado-based Westmoreland Coal, one of the country’s oldest coal companies, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this month, and Peabody Energy, Arch Coal and Alpha Natural Resources, which all have ended up in bankruptcy courts since 2015.Competition from other energy sources—super-cheap natural gas in particular—has been the main culprit. Obama-era “clean coal” regulations scuttled earlier this year by the Trump administration has played just a small role in the industry’s collapse, experts say.“Coal plants have been losing market share just on competitiveness alone, to natural gas, for quite some time–even before the EPA regulations came down that accelerated the shutdown of even more plants,” Greg Reed, director of the Center for Energy and the GRID Institute at the University of Pittsburgh, told CBS MoneyWatch recently.The total stock market value of the country’s four largest coal producers has plunged to $6.3 billion today from $33 billion in 2011. About 62,000 coal miners have lost their jobs during that time. Further job losses will come: More than a quarter of the U.S.’ current fleet of coal plants is projected to shut down over the next 12 years, according to one analysis.More: Mission Coal files for bankruptcy—5th coal company in 3 years Mission bankruptcy underscores coal’s long-term decline
Sunday Star Times 1 July 2012New Zealand’s child abuse record is brutally laid bare in one of the most comprehensive releases of Government data on the nation’s bruised and broken children. There are 22,000 substantiated child abuse cases each year, resulting in around 1000 prosecutions and 128 recorded hospital admissions. One expert says child abuse rates are not falling and it’s time we developed reliable measures to quantify the horrific harm suffered by children. The child abuse rates, prosecutions and hospital admission figures – released under the Official Information Act – highlight stark differences in reporting. A number of hospitals are failing to record suspected rates of child abuse, while other hospitals have been accused of pointing the finger at innocent parents…CYF figures show a sharp increase in child abuse, from 19,596 to 22,087 in the past three years. There were 1126 cases of substantiated sexual abuse in 2009, jumping to 3225 in 2011. About half of all abuse is classified as emotional.CYF FIGURESSubstantiated abuse 2009 2010 2011Emotional 10,938 12,532 12,595Physical 2,855 2,884 3,225Sexual 1,126 1,201 1,501Neglect 4,677 4,403 4,762Total 19,596 21.020 22,087POLICE FIGURESChild abuse convictions 2009 2010 2011 838 963 1055http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7200075/Reliable-child-abuse-measure-vital-for-NZ
2016-2017 ORVC All-Conference Boys Basketball Team.2017 ORVC Boys Basketball All Conference2016-17 ORVC Co-Champions (Varsity) South Ripley RaidersSwitzerland County Pacers2016-17 ORVC Champions (Reserve) Southwestern Rebels2016-17 ORVC Mental Attitude Award Christopher Grote Shawe Memorial2016-17 ORVC Co-Coaches of the Year Travis Wrightsman South RipleyAdam Dennis Switzerland CountyCourtesy of ORVC Recorder Travis Calvert.
Press Association The Portuguese left White Hart Lane on Monday following the 5-0 home loss to Liverpool. In his programme notes prior to Wednesday night’s Capital One Cup quarter-final with West Ham, Dawson wrote: “It’s been a difficult few days for all of us, what with the result here against Liverpool followed by Andre’s departure. Tottenham captain Michael Dawson admits the players are culpable for the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas as manager for unacceptable performances. “He was well liked in the dressing room and would always want things to work out, but it just wasn’t meant to be. We wish him well. “I know Andre came out after our heavy defeats to Manchester City and Liverpool and said that he took full responsibility, but when the team on the pitch loses in that fashion, the players have to stand up and realise ourselves that the performances haven’t been acceptable. “Those results were painful, the way we lost and the goals we conceded. “As a defender and as captain of this club, I look at myself first, but all players have to take responsibility for what has happened. “The lads were devastated after Sunday’s game, of course. Losing any football match is disappointing, it happens to every team. “But to lose 5-0 at home and 6-0 at City is not good enough. All I can do is apologise to those who turned out to support us.”