Tag: 南京夜生活服务

Chelsea set to look for new signings in January after transfer ban cut

first_imgA fine was also reduced from 600,000 Swiss francs ($607,000; £462,000) to half that amount by the Lausanne-based court.Lampard insisted he had not yet had any conversations with Chelsea’s board about transfer plans, but will start them now in earnest.“It’s a positive outcome for us. It allows us the potential to look at the market going forward,” Lampard said at a press conference ahead of Saturday’s Premier League trip to Everton.“So I’m pleased from a footballing level. It was never my business to get involved in the reasons why or the legal side of it.“So from my point of view, for the club moving forward, it’s obviously a good thing.”A CAS statement explaining their decision said that Chelsea were guilty of violating rules related to the international transfer and registration of minors, “but for a significantly smaller number of players”, concluding that they were only guilty of one third of the violations found by FIFA.In addition, the breaches of other transfer rules “were found to be less serious than those attributed to Chelsea FC by FIFA”.Chelsea later welcomed the news before describing FIFA’s approach as “deeply unsatisfactory, not least as FIFA chose to treat Chelsea entirely differently to Manchester City for reasons that make absolutely no sense to Chelsea”.A 451-word statement issued on Twitter detailed how, according to the club, FIFA had got it badly wrong bringing the charges.The club said it “respects the importance of the work undertaken by FIFA” concerning the protection of minors.But it warned that if FIFA continued to impose “inconsistent and unequal sanctions” on clubs it would cast doubt on the confidence in the body’s ability to “appropriately regulate this important area”.The initial ban was announced by football’s world governing body in February, but Chelsea had always denied wrongdoing.It followed a FIFA probe into Chelsea’s signing of foreign under-18 players, including the club’s former forward Bertrand Traore, a Burkina Faso international who now plays for French Ligue 1 club Lyon.Frank Lampard could now see new signings arrive at Chelsea in the January window, but admitted the club would need to be careful with their recruitement policy © AFP/File / Ben STANSALLTraore signed professional forms for Chelsea in 2013 at the age of 18 but was not registered until January the following year.At first they appealed to FIFA who partially lifted the ban in April, although only for players under 16 who are not “international transfers and first registrations of foreign minor players”.That left Chelsea still unable to sign players over 16 during the summer transfer window.– ‘Important we get it right’ –Chelsea had been eager to have the ban lifted at the time, or at least suspended pending an appeal, so they could be in a position to sign a replacement for Eden Hazard, who was sold to Real Madrid.Nevertheless, in the absence of new recruits, Lampard has enjoyed success promoting several members of the club’s youth academy to the first team.Centre-back Fikayo Tomori, midfielder Mason Mount and striker Tammy Abraham have all returned from loan spells to become regulars, their form leading to England call-ups. Abraham is Chelsea’s top scorer with 12 goals this season.Young full-back Reece James has also broken into the first team, while USA winger Christian Pulisic remains the last new signing brought to the club after being signed from Borussia Dortmund for £58 million ($74 million) last January.Chelsea are currently fourth in the Premier League and Lampard admitted the club would need to be careful with their recruitment policy.“As we go forward of course if I feel there are positions we can strengthen then we will obviously look at that, as all big clubs do.“That’s why people expected less of us this season, because lots of clubs around us and below us were spending £100 million and we didn’t have that chance, and we lost Eden Hazard and two number nines.“Now the picture’s slightly changed and it’s important that we get it right moving forward.”0Shares0000(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Chelsea will be able to make new signings in January after their transfer ban was reduced on appeal by the Court of Arbitration for Sport © AFP/File / JUSTIN TALLISLausanne, Switzerland, Dec 6 – Chelsea manager Frank Lampard admitted the club will be on the lookout for new faces in the January window after a FIFA-imposed transfer ban was reduced on appeal by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on Friday.The ban, imposed following violations in the recruitment of minors, was reduced from two transfer windows to one, which Chelsea already served in the summer.last_img read more

Start reading Chelsea set to look for new signings in January after transfer ban cut

Porcupine Lake now shooting in Port Severn

first_img#PorcupineLake now shooting in #PortSevern, great cast and crew @punkfilmsnow -DanLyon pic.twitter.com/8fuUIUWCJ3— Telefilm Canada (@Telefilm_Canada) August 18, 2016 Twitter Facebook Advertisement Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Login/Register With:last_img

Start reading Porcupine Lake now shooting in Port Severn

CTV Partners with Netflix to Premiere Milestone SCTV Reunion Event Special to

first_imgAdvertisement This Sunday, May 13, the original SCTV cast members will gather in front of a live audience at Toronto’s iconic Elgin Theatre. Dubbed “An Afternoon With SCTV”, the taping features Jimmy Kimmel moderating a panel conversation, as the comedic actors recount their various experiences about the making of the influential and legendary series.“SCTV is a Canadian television classic that catapulted the careers of some of the biggest names known in comedy,” said Randy Lennox, President, Bell Media. “We are honoured to partner with Netflix as the official Canadian broadcaster of the comedy special, and look forward to Scorsese’s genius homage to a show that has such enduring legacy.”“It’s been a two-year, rumble-tumble journey to get us to this incredible live event,” said Andrew Alexander, CEO and Executive Producer, The Second City. “Randy Lennox has been a passionate supporter from day one, and it’s thrilling that Netflix and Bell Media have come together to help us memorialize this historic moment in television history.”Dubbed by Entertainment Weekly as one of the “100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time,” SCTV aired for six seasons between 1976 to 1984, becoming a pop culture touchstone. With 13 EMMY AWARD® nominations, SCTV was one of the first television series to consistently skewer television itself, and chronicled the characters – both in front of and behind the camera – of a critically underfunded television station in Melonville.The SCTV reunion special is produced by longtime SCTV Producer Andrew Alexander of Second City Entertainment, Emma Tillinger Koskoff of Sikelia Productions and in partnership with John Brunton and Lindsay Cox of Insight Productions (THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, THE LAUNCH), and is directed by Martin Scorsese for Netflix and CTV.SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:Twitter: @CTV_TelevisionFacebook:  www.facebook.com/CTVInstagram:  @CTV_Television Moderated by Jimmy Kimmel, “An Afternoon with SCTV” taping takes place Sunday, May 13 in front of a live audience at The Elgin Theatre in TorontoTORONTO (May 10, 2018) – CTV announced today it is joining Netflix to become the exclusive Canadian broadcast partner of the upcoming, yet untitled, SCTV comedy special, which explores the enduring legacy of the iconic, EMMY® award-winning Canadian series SECOND CITY TELEVISION (SCTV). As previously announced, Academy Award®-winner Martin Scorsese directs and pays homage to the iconic Canadian sketch series that reunites past SCTV members Joe Flaherty, Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara, Andrea Martin, Martin Short, Dave Thomas and, confirmed today, Rick Moranis.The reunion special is set to make its debut in 2019. Under the partnership, Netflix will premiere the title globally in all territories, with the exception of Canada, where it will premiere exclusively on CTV. Following CTV’s airing, the SCTV comedy special will be available exclusively on Netflix in Canada and worldwide. Login/Register With: (L-R) – Andrea Martin, Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara, Martin Scorcese, Dave Thomas, Martin short, and Joe Flaherty About CTVCTV is Canada’s #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada’s most-watched television network for the past 16 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at CTV.ca LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Facebook Advertisement Twitterlast_img read more

Start reading CTV Partners with Netflix to Premiere Milestone SCTV Reunion Event Special to