Tag: 上海爬花楼

Adani downsizes Australian coal mine plan, says it will build without government support

first_imgAdani downsizes Australian coal mine plan, says it will build without government support FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享The New York Times:After months of protests over whether Australia should subsidize one of the world’s largest coal mines, the Indian mining giant Adani announced on Thursday that it would scale the project back and finance it itself.The Carmichael mine had been projected to produce 60 million tons a year from the coal-rich Galilee Basin; now the output will start at 10 million tons and rise to 27.5 million, the company said, putting it more in line with other mines in the area.“The project stacks up both environmentally and financially,” said Lucas Dow, Adani Australia’s chief executive. “We will now deliver the jobs and business opportunities we have promised for North Queensland and Central Queensland, all without requiring a cent of Australian taxpayer dollars.” The company had previously asked for a taxpayer-financed loan of a billion Australian dollars, about $730 million.Critics of the plan — and they are legion — said the company was trying to rush ahead and break ground because of polls indicating that the next federal election could be won by the Labor Party, which is likely to oppose the mine. There are still obstacles in place, involving water and other issues, but the company maintains that they are procedural and will soon be resolved.Resistance to the mine remains strong. It has become an environmental cause célèbre across Australia, with legal challenges, protests and celebrities painting “Stop Adani” on their cheeks. The concerns have focused on potential damage to the Great Barrier Reef, because of a port connected to the mine along Australia’s North Queensland coast, and more broadly on coal’s damaging contribution to climate change.More: Adani to proceed with scaled-back version of contentious Australian coal minelast_img read more

Start reading Adani downsizes Australian coal mine plan, says it will build without government support

UFC: Former champion Renan Barao released from UFC after 5 straight losses

first_img First Published: 8th December, 2019 12:39 IST Last Updated: 9th December, 2019 00:07 IST UFC: Former Champion Renan Barao Released From UFC After 5 Straight Losses UFC has recently released former bantamweight world champion Renan Barao from their roster; apart from that, Liz Carmouche has also been released by UFC Also Read | Jorge Masvidal Wooed By Amanda Nunes’s Stunning First Round Knockout Win At UFC 239Also Read | UFC Attacks Mark Hunt And Demands $388,000 In Attorney Fees Following Court Win FOLLOW US Raj Sarkar Written By Renan Barao, the man who used to dominate the entire bantamweight division with his invincible power, has recently been released by the UFC. The Brazilian veteran’s current MMA run has been disappointing and UFC President Dana White has lost his interest over the former bantamweight champion. After five back to back defeats in his last fights, Renan Baro has parted his ways with UFC and he is a free agent at this moment.Also Read | UFC Bids Goodbye To Liz Carmouche, The 1st-ever UFC Women’s Fighter Alongside Ronda RouseyUFC: Renan Barao has been released by UFCUFC President Dana White has recently released two eminent veterans – Liz Carmouche and Renan Barao from the UFC roster. Once referred to as the best pound for pound fighter in the world, Renan Barao lost his impact since his title loss against TJ Dillashaw. The 32-year old Brazilian took another shot at TJ Dillashaw in order to reclaim his title but came up short in the fight. Well, ever since his loss against TJ Dillashaw, Renan Barao has won only two fights against Mitch Gagnon and Phillipe Nover.center_img COMMENT SUBSCRIBE TO US Renan Barao lost all of his last five fights and no wonder, UFC is done with him. The 32-year-old has had some notable moments in his MMA career. He had a 33-fight unbeaten streak and a victory against Urijah Faber. However, nothing can compensate for his poor performance in recent times. Well, Renan Barao is a free agent at this moment and he can opt for emerging MMA promotions in the world like Bellator MMA, One Championship, Cage Warriors or even Bare Knuckle Fighting. The former bantamweight champion is yet to announce anything from his side and MMA fans expect him to try out something new under a new promotion.Also Read | UFC: Conor McGregor Defends Jose Aldo’s Bantamweight Debut At UFC 245 LIVE TV WATCH US LIVElast_img read more

Start reading UFC: Former champion Renan Barao released from UFC after 5 straight losses