Tag: 上海夜网IV

Kobe Bryant not planning to play in BIG3 league next year

first_imgFILE – In this Dec. 18, 2017 file photo, former Los Angeles Laker Kobe Bryant arrives for a halftime ceremony, retiring both of his jersey’s during an NBA basketball game between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Golden State Warriors, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson, File)NEW YORK — Kobe Bryant won’t be coming out of retirement to play in the BIG3 next year.A spokesperson for the longtime Los Angeles Lakers star said Tuesday that Bryant isn’t playing next season in the 3-on-3 league of former NBA players.ADVERTISEMENT Speculation that Bryant would play had heated up earlier in the day when league co-founder and entertainment executive Jeff Kwatinetz said during the league’s weekly conference call that he “did hear from a credible source yesterday that Kobe says he’s playing next year.”But Molly Carter, chief marketing officer of Kobe Inc., says the NBA’s No. 3 career scorer has no plans to do so.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’The BIG3 wraps up its second season with the championship game on Friday in Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? LATEST STORIES MOST READ Peza offers relief to ecozone firms View comments ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player awardcenter_img Hidilyn Diaz: ‘I miss cheesecake!’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taallast_img read more

Start reading Kobe Bryant not planning to play in BIG3 league next year

6 homeless after South Ruimveldt fire

first_imgA fire of unknown origin has left at least six persons, including three children, homeless after completely destroying their Lot 115 Cane View, South Ruimveldt home on Thursday afternoon.When Guyana Times arrived on the scene, three fire trucks, along with firefighters, were trying to contain the massive blaze, which had already destroyed a section of the upper flat of the concrete and wooden structure.The fire reportedly started around 14:00h, according to a resident.Firefighters battling to douse the blaze, which engulfed the South Ruimveldt homeThis publication was informed that at the time of the fire, only an elderly woman and her eight-year-old grandchild were at home.Divisional Operations Officer of the Guyana Fire Service, Compton Sparman told media operatives that the report he received indicated that the elderly woman was in the lower flat of the home, and the child was in the upper flat. The elderly woman reported that she saw the blaze when the child exited a room and as such, grabbed her and immediately evacuated the premises.“Upon receiving the call of a fire, we immediately dispatched three units. One from West Ruimveldt and two from Central; and equipped with our water and water from the canals, firefighters managed to stop the blaze from spreading on to the other building that you can see is very close,” he said.Additionally, the elderly woman’s son-in-law, Ven Chase told media operatives that he was at work when he received the call. The man, who appeared distressed, was questioned as to his next step and said, “Something gotta be done. I don’t know, but we gotta start back. Somehow we gotta.”Eyewitnesses at the scene said that they heard an explosion before seeing the red flames on the roof of the house. “It gotta be gas bottle or something. All I hear is boof, boof, boof and the red flames at the top of the house,” one man said.An investigation has been launched.This is the fourth fire that has been reported for this week. On Sunday, three people, including a one-year-old, perished in a fire at Beterverwagting, East Coast Demerara, after the house was purposely set ablaze.On Tuesday, another house was set alight by a jilted man at Covent Garden, East Bank Demerara, and on Wednesday, a fire of unknown origin completely destroyed two buildings on Bishop Street, between Princes and Norton Streets, Georgetown leaving at least 11 people homeless and millions of dollars in losses.Meanwhile, on Wednesday, Fire Chief Marlon Gentle announced that more buildings were destroyed by fire this year so far when compared to the corresponding period in 2016. He also noted that some of those fires were acts of arson.last_img read more

Start reading 6 homeless after South Ruimveldt fire